- Defense and security
- Who we are
ONERA is the French aeronautics, space and defense research lab.
A multi-disciplinary organization with experimental means unique in Europe,
ONERA brings expertise to government programs, both institutional and industrial.
- What we do
Research at ONERA meets the major challenges of the aerospace and defense industries.
It is the only organization in France gathering all the knowledge and skills in these areas.
DAAP - Applied Aerodynamics
To improve the tools for predicting the performance of aircraft and defining shapes which reduce development costs and to develop techniques that can improve the aerodynamic performances of aircraft and reduce their harmful effects.
Areas of expertise
- Improving aerodynamic design methods
- Predicting aerodynamic performances in steady and unsteady states
- Studying new concepts for vehicles
- Reducing drag and improving efficiency
- Extending the flight and operational envelope of aircraft
Although these avenues of research are principally applied to the external aerodynamics of aircraft, missiles, launchers and helicopters and to aerobic propulsion units (turbomachines, air intakes), they also concern land based vehicles and surface vessels.
Onera in 1 click!
- Institutional and thematic publications
- Scientific publications
- The French Aerospace Lab Journal
- Lessons, presentations, conferences