- Who we are
ONERA is the French aeronautics, space and defense research lab.
A multi-disciplinary organization with experimental means unique in Europe,
ONERA brings expertise to government programs, both institutional and industrial.
- What we do
Research at ONERA meets the major challenges of the aerospace and defense industries.
It is the only organization in France gathering all the knowledge and skills in these areas.
DAFE - Fundamental and Experimental Aerodynamics
To study complex aerodynamic flows with the aim of improving the understanding of these phenomena, finding out about unexpected behaviors and participating in the definition of systems that have to operate in extreme conditions. To build databases for validating theoretical models and calculation codes.
Areas of expertise
In priority, the work covers:
- Separated turbulent flows, the formation and development of vortexes
- Shock phenomena, in particular, shock interferences and shock wave/boundary layer interactions,
- Turbulence, unsteady effects and instabilities in free flowsz
Other scientific departments
- Institutional and thematic publications
- Scientific publications
- The French Aerospace Lab Journal
- Lessons, presentations, conferences