- Defense and security
- Who we are
ONERA is the French aeronautics, space and defense research lab.
A multi-disciplinary organization with experimental means unique in Europe,
ONERA brings expertise to government programs, both institutional and industrial.
- What we do
Research at ONERA meets the major challenges of the aerospace and defense industries.
It is the only organization in France gathering all the knowledge and skills in these areas.
DMPH - Physics and Instrumentation
To develop and use sensors and innovative measuring techniques for experimental research and the validation of codes and physical models. To design and produce instruments and specific on-board items of equipment for space, aeronautics and defense.
Areas of expertise
The developments mainly cover:
- The effect of the environment on aeronautical safety (lightning, icing),
- The effects of aircraft effluents on the atmosphere,
- The instrumentation for inertial navigation,
- Ultra-sensitive accelerometry for space applications,
- Electrical propulsion and plasma sources for aeronautics,
- Tunable long wave laser sources and their civilian and military applications,
- Optical measurements for application to the diagnostic of aerothermochemical flows