- Defense and security
- Who we are
ONERA is the French aeronautics, space and defense research lab.
A multi-disciplinary organization with experimental means unique in Europe,
ONERA brings expertise to government programs, both institutional and industrial.
- What we do
Research at ONERA meets the major challenges of the aerospace and defense industries.
It is the only organization in France gathering all the knowledge and skills in these areas.
DMSC - Composite Systems and Materials
To design, develop and improve composite materials and their manufacturing processes.
Areas of expertise
The composites studied are intended for:
- The hot parts of engines and aircraft cells
- The stealth characteristics of future supersonic missiles and military aircraft
DMSC is therefore working on:
- The three families of composites: ceramic, organic and metallic
- The instrumentation and the mechanical, thermal and electromagnetic characterization of the materials
- The experimental and modeling techniques (with the Structures and Damage Mechanics Department - DMSE) with the aim of reducing the costs of qualification and studying the durability of materials
- The modeling of production processes (RTM, filament winding)
- The functional materials (stealth)