2017.04.10 - International Cooperation
ONERA, JAXA and DLR sign a new agreement of research on the supersonic boom
Civil supersonic transportation has been stopped since the French/British Concorde retired. One of the main causes which prevent the civil supersonic travel is sonic-boom.
To raise the technological challenge of reducing this boom, ONERA, JAXA and DLR gather their expertise’s by signing a new agreement of research on March 24th, 2017 in Chofu (Tokyo).
This agreement focuses on the prediction and minimization of sonic-boom.
Signature of the agreement by Prof. Rolf Henke, Executive Board Member Aeronautics (DLR);
Dr. Fumikazu Ito, Vice President of JAXA, Director General of Aeronautical Technology Directorate (JAXA); Bruno Sainjon, CEO (ONERA). © ONERA
* JAXA - Japan aerospace exploration agency
* DLR - German national center for aerospace, energy and transportation research
- Institutional and thematic publications
- Scientific publications
- The French Aerospace Lab Journal
- Lessons, presentations, conferences