- Who we are
ONERA is the French aeronautics, space and defense research lab.
A multi-disciplinary organization with experimental means unique in Europe,
ONERA brings expertise to government programs, both institutional and industrial.
- What we do
Research at ONERA meets the major challenges of the aerospace and defense industries.
It is the only organization in France gathering all the knowledge and skills in these areas.
Onera has a large shared intensive computation facility: " Stelvio " (SGI ICE 8200 / ICE-X supercomputer).
This computer commissioned in November 2009 was upgraded in April 2011 and then in december 2013. It comprises 704 computing nodes :
- 384 computing nodes with two 2.8 GHz 4-core 2,8 GHz Intel Xeon X5560 (Nehalem) processors and 36 Gbytes of memory,
- 160 computing nodes with two 3.06 GHz 6-core Intel Xeon X5675 (Westmere) processors and 48 Gbytes of memory,
- 16 computing nodes with two 2.8 GHz 4-core Intel Xeon X5440 (Harpertown) processors and 32 Gbytes of memory,
- 144 computing nodes with two 2.5 GHz 10-core Intel Xeon E5-2670V2 (Ivy Bridge) processors and 96 Gbytes of memory.
The nodes are linked by an Infiniband interconnection network.
The computer has a fast access (Lustre) to a shared local disk space of 300 Tbytes.
The Stelvio computer thus has 8000 cores, 35 Tbytes of memory and delivers 115 TFlop/s of peak power.
- Institutional and thematic publications
- Scientific publications
- The French Aerospace Lab Journal
- Lessons, presentations, conferences