Pic du Midi, France
The 15th International conference on Target and Background Modeling & Simulation is co-organized by ONERA and Fraunhofer IOSB in close cooperation with companies having highest expertise in the field of modeling and simulation.
The conference is open to people from the defense research & development community active in the field of optical signature simulation technologies, to civilian and military users and to industry representatives. All sessions of the conference will be unclassified. Submission of research papers is encouraged.
General Conference Objectives
Provide a European scientific forum for the modeling and simulation community to discuss current developments in their field of expertise. Foster an intensive exchange of ideas and results in modeling and simulation and help building up and maintain the information network in the community. Encourage cooperation between groups actively engaged in this field.
Topical Session Objectives
Provide an opportunity for the software end-users to learn about the latest developments. Offer the opportunity to demonstrate and discuss the latest features in software products.
ITBMS 2020 will include various sessions from Monday 22 to Thursday 25 June 2020 corresponding to the topics defined below. Keynote addresses will be delivered to set the underlying tone and summarize the core message. These speeches will be done by specialists from laboratories and international companies recognized for their expertise in the field.
|Berg Matthew||Kansas University||USA|
|Braesicke Katrin||Fraunhofer IOSB||GE|
|Curran Allen||ThermoAnalytics Inc.||USA|
|Pujol Olivier||LOA, Lille University||FR|
|Repasi Endre||Fraunhofer IOSB||GE|
|Vaitekunas David||W.R. David Engineering Ltd.||CND|
Contributions are solicited in subjects ranging from basic signature research to applications in system design, optimization and evaluation.
- Data, techniques, models, and validation of signatures of land, sea and air targets and backgrounds, and of targets in backgrounds
- Extension to polarization, hyperspectral and active signatures
- Optical properties of complex surfaces
- Models validation and metrics
- Signature management models (infrared, spectral, passive and active)
- Modeling and simulation of clutter (soil, maritime, atmospheric)
- Radiative transfer, propagation models and optical data sets
- Turbulence modeling and effects on simulation
- Impact of climatic conditions on signatures
- Active / Laser imaging systems
Contributions are solicited in subjects ranging from basic signature research to applications in system design, optimization and evaluation. Due to the localization of the workshop, a special session will be devoted to optical signatures and related technologies in a turbulence context.
Contact: itbms @ onera.fr