The DMPE (Multi-physics department for energetics) carries out research and study work of a multi-physical nature for energetics, essentially for the benefit of industry and State services in the aerospace domain. The approach is based on experimental, theoretical and digital activities. On the one hand, it works on improving and validating the physical models integrated in the calculation software and, on the other hand, on studying innovative concepts for energy in test facilities under representative conditions.
The DMPE is also in charge of the coordination and integration of developments of the CEDRE software platform.
The department's objectives are composed of six strategic topics:
- Innovative energetics systems
- Propulsion system performance
- Tests under representative conditions
- Multi-physical modelling and simulation
- Environmental safety and impact
- Multi-physical software platforms
Simulation with CEDRE of soot formation in an aeronautical combustion chamber