Aerospace Lab is an electronic journal dedicated to scientific progress in aeronautics and space research.
Modelisation of a dislocation microstructure near a crack tip
The life prediction of structures is a strategic research area that involves multidisciplinary approaches covering multiple size scales - from the nanometer to the meter- and thus involves a great range of physical phenomena.
This issue of the Aerospace Lab Journal deals with research activities around the microstructure - constitutive behavior - structural lifetime links. It contains contributions on:
- dislocation dynamics and crystal plasticity
- the explicit modeling of microstructures such as polycrystalline aggregates
- the prediction of the macroscopic constitutive material behavior
- the study of crack initiation and crack propagation phenomena under multiaxial loads
- the modeling of the behavior of actual structures subjected to dynamic loads
The journal is available on www.aerospacelab-journal.org
The issue 10, scheduled for December 2015, will be devoted to "Plasma for aeronautics".
The following topics are still available on the site:
- Optical Diagnostics of Flows
- CFD Platforms and Coupling
- High Temperature Materials
- Mastering Complexity
- Lightning Hazards to Aircraft and Launchers,
- Flow Control: the Renewal of Aerodynamics
- Aerial Robotics