On 23 September 2022, ONERA and JAXA, the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency, signed a new framework agreement. This was an opportunity for ONERA to welcome its Japanese counterpart to its premises for the first time, and to strengthen our cooperation.
ONERA CEO, Bruno Sainjon, welcomed Dr. Hiroshi Yamakawa to sign this new bilateral framework agreement to strengthen their bilateral cooperation in the aeronautical and - above all - space sector.
A programme to suit the occasion was proposed to the Japanese delegation :
- A diverse range of presentations to inform ONERA’s Japanese partners:
- ONERA’s role and the ONERA-JAXA partnership since 1997
- current joint research activities and future opportunities in the aeronautical and space sector
- a focus on ONERA research activities in the nanosat field
- a demonstration of the SIMAGAZ camera and the Freeform αZ demonstrator.
Visit of various facilities representative of ONERA’s multidisciplinary capabilities :
- the GRIFON laboratory for studying lightning
- the LAERTE test bench for supersonic propulsion
- the ERIS installation for the electrical propulsion of satellites
Demonstration of the SIMAGAZ
multispectral camera and the Freeform
αZ demonstrator (Laurent Rousset
Rouvière and Guillaume Druart, DOTA)
From left to right: Camille Blosse (DAI), Jean Claude Traineau (DPE), Antoine Miniussi (DTIS/S2AD), Marc Lesturgie (DAI), Philippe Beaumier (DPA), Laurent Rouset-Rouvière (DOTA/ERIO), Bruno Sainjon (CEO, ONERA), Guillaume Druart (DOTA/ERIO), Hiroshi Yamakawa (President, JAXA), Nobuto Yoshioka (Secretary of the JAXA President), Kazuyuki Tasaki (Director, International Relations and Research Department), Takeshi Shoji (expert in aircraft propulsion systems, Aviation Technology Directorate), Hiroko Asakura (Deputy Director, JAXA Paris Office)